8/13/08

Moving and the New Apartment in California!!!

Hi guys...So I promised to post some pics of the move and the new apartment. I think the place looks better in person. But anywho, here is a little preview of what our $1720 dollar a month apartment looks like! Yikes! I know, I know It's super expensive but that is just California for you! Luckily I was able to transfer to the cali CPK and we will get some help from John's student loans. Thank goodness for the high interest loans! HAHA...John drove the U-Haul all by himself and in Beaver Utah the dang thing BROKE DOWN!!!! Poor Johnny! Luckily a tow guy came within 30 minutes and he towed John to the closest repair shop and we were all hoping and praying that they could easily fix it and we could move on! NO WAY...YAH RIGHT!!! 3 hours later we learned that we had to TRADE U-Hauls!!! Yup! WE all had to re-pack everything into another U-Haul! It was a nightmare! It was so hot and we were all dripping with sweat! It sucked so bad! But It could have been a lot worse! The guy that towed John was the bishop of his ward and he was super nice. So that was cool. Anyway, After all that we had a lot of help from my mom and dad and John's family! Big thanks to them for helping us get moved in and unpacked! My mom stayed up literally the whole night before we moved to sew some curtains for the living room and bedroom. Thanks mom! I love you! I posted a couple of pics from the apartment's website like of the pool and fitness area because I didn't wanna go outside and take them! HaHa...

We found our church on the first Sunday and attended it with my parents and my Grandma Jean. I am incredibly grateful that the gospel is the same anywhere you go! That is basically the only similarity between here and good Ol' Utah! But hey, our gas right now is ony 3.89!!! Sweet huh? Anyway, We are excited for John to start school on our anniversary, which is the 25th of August, and we are just super excited to start our new life here! Please keep in touch and thanks for all being a part of our lives! We love you and will miss you!






































14 comments:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Cute! But you forgot to take a picture of the ottoman in your HUGE bathroom. haha

PJ and Julie said...

wow! your apt is so nice. A lot nicer than ours and for the same price. and I love the curtains!

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

Love your new place!! Very Cute.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

And another thought... I hope you got a discount on your UHAUL!

Audrey Crisp said...

Haley...We took the ottoman out of the bathroom and put it in the walk-in-closet. HAHA...But that would have been funny to take a pic of it before we moved it! thanks guys....yes Julie B., they did knock off 150 bucks off of our U-Haul bill...So that was good! Our apartment is only 1 bedroom though Julie M....but thanks for the curtain compliments...i'll let my mom know!

Lauren said...

Audrey! So SO Cute! Where did you find those drapes?! So incredibly cute! Sorry about the U-Haul breaking down. That really stinks! But I love your place? How do you love living in Cali so far? I will for sure have to come visit :)

Love ya!

Emily said...

We're glad you made it! It seems like many important trips have at least one thing go wrong. Your apartment is beautiful! The kitchen is amazing :) We can't wait to hear how things are going with you guys down there. Good luck to John on his first semester of school--year one can be rough.
Love you guys!

layna said...

I love the apartment and yes your mom did an amazing job on the curtains. I can't believe her. You have her knack for making things cute and homey.We will miss you guys even though we didn't see you that much A. Layna

Anonymous said...

Audrey, you cute girl! How fun is your new home - cute and sassy, everything we'd expect from a hassinger. Glad that you all finally made it and so happy to see what audrey is like all grown up :)

Unknown said...

Hi Audrey, I found your blog from Katrina's. I haven't seen you in years! Probably from the days you and Marissa used to hang out together. Wow, time flies. You're apartment is sooo nice! I'm jealous you're living in Cali!

Tessa and Jeff said...

Hey there!! I found you on Jeff's brother's blog - weird - but glad I found you guys! I can't believe you are in Cali now! We didn't get to do much while you were here :( You're apartment seems so so nice - lucky!! We'll have to keep in touch!

jbsorenson said...

Hello crispey's i hope you are settled in, Audrey i miss you. hope to come out sometime
OUT

Tessa and Jeff said...

Good to hear back from you... my brother in law and sis in law are Alison and Rob Jennings. Small world huh?? Let's keep in touch!

Chrissy said...

I just LOVE your new place guys! Congrats on that and your 1 year!