7/28/09

Embarassing Moment...


So yesterday I'm at Home Depot getting more packing boxes and I look over to my left and see Laila Ali. If you don't know who she is, she is Muhammad Ali's daughter! Anyway, I have seen her several times before at CPK and I served her one time before. As I'm leaving, I say " Hi Laila!" She looks up at me then is like "Hi, How yah doing," then immediately looks down. She was like annoyed that I said hi to her. Then again, Who do I think I am to be saying hi to her. Like she remembers me...I immediately felt stupid and left the store! HAHA...I'm such a dork! Well heck, at least someone recognized her right? She's not that famous! ; ) She should have been flattered to have been recognized. Okay, maybe not...

8 comments:

sasha said...

Oh, how funny. i love your honesty. and yes, i didn't even know her until now. so, she should be happy that you are putting her name out there like this. haha..

Brooke said...

lol that's hilarious!

Brooke said...

When I first saw the pic up I thought it was jordan sparks hehe :)

Lora said...

Yeah, I don't know who she is. She's a person, you're a person--no need to be embarrassed. :)

Unknown said...

haha. Too funny! I'm so jealous you're moving to London! What a great experience! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to hear the details and experiences you will be having there. By the way, how did you make your blog so cute and with different fonts? Please share your secrets! :)

R+M said...

hahah that's hilarious. But i totally agree that she is not that famous and should be flattered, not weirded out!

Brooke said...

I think I will try and find the old sytycad seasons online or something. Yes making the band, I couldn't remember the name of the show ;) If you can't watch them on the net I'll let you know who goes home and give you the run down, if you want. Just let me know. I hope everything goes ok moving! Are you moving in with Johnny's parents for awhile?

Lauren said...

Haha! Well if I am being honest I have no clue who she is. So I would not feel stupid if I were you:). Congrats on leaving CPK :) I'm excited for you guys and your adventure you will be taking! I seriously might have to come out and visit!