9/15/10

Apple Pie Caramel Apples!

John and I love Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's Apple Pie Caramel Apples! We wanted to try and re-create them without a recipe. We also didn't want to pay 8.25 per apple! I think everyone should go and make these! They were so yummy and easy! We had made homemade Caramel the other day and had a lot left so we decided to make these with the leftover caramel. (You can just buy store bought Caramels and melt them... that's much easier!) If you're interested, here is how you make them: We used Gala Apples, but I recommend getting Granny Smith Apples. (5 or 6) You will need some sticks to poke in the middle of the apples. Wash and dry the apples. If needed, remove the stems and poke the sticks in the middle of the apple. Heat up the Caramel in the microwave or stovetop. Dip the apples in the caramel and let all the excess Caramel drip off and put on wax paper. Immediately put them all in the fridge to set up. (About 30-45 minutes...) When it's all set, melt up some White Chocolate. Do the same thing with the White Chocolate, except then you immediately roll them with a Brown Sugar and Cinnamon mixture! Put them back in the fridge and let them sit again for about an hour. The hardest part of making these is waiting to eat them! It was kind of hard to make them look pretty, but they tasted delicious! Here is the homemade Caramel recipe link. Let me know if you have any questions.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


7 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE caramel apples. They are the perfect treat for fall. Now I'm gonna have to make them.

I would love to get your caramel recipe as well!

Megs said...

these look to-die-for!!! Mmm....caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory are my FAV! Thanks for sharing!!!

Matt and Brooke said...

those look good!!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, best treat ever. I should surprise Lance with these - they're his favorite.

Lauren said...

YUM! I Share your love for the apple pie carmel apples! That is it I am going to have to make those this weekend! So I painted the tree in the babies room because I didn't want to pay 100+ dollars for decal. It was fun and easy to do.

Chrissy said...

A-MAZING! I need one of these pronto.

Stephanie and Daniel said...

Ooooo those look so yummy! I'll have to try those. If only Daniel weren't allergic to apples...
- This is Stephanie BTW