9/9/11

Lower Manhattan Touring

John's friend Jeff was staying with us for a couple of days. He wanted to go check out Lower Manhattan. He was only here for a limited amount of time so we thought he could see a lot of stuff there. We met him at the World Trade Centers. The 10 year anniversary is this Sunday so there is a lot of hoopla and media there right now. They are almost all done building them. It was really cool to see them. The last time I was there was a few months after it happened and was Ground Zero. They are opening a Memorial on Monday that you can get free tickets to. When John's parents come to meet the baby we wanna go and see it. Just for fun we wanted to get pics with the firemen and policemen. They were very kind to comply. Then we walked around Wall Street and the Financial District. We went to the Ship yard and Earth Wind and Fire were playing an outdoor show. It was funny to see how into them everyone was. It was a fun day and didn't rain like it was suppose to. Thanks for coming to visit Jeff!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It got really hot, so up went the hair. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The firemen.
Photobucket
NYPD.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Carlyle Street." I really miss her!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Some strange Shroom statue.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Some delicious pastries I didn't buy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Cara said...

We can't wait to go to The World Trade Ctr!!!! How do we get tickets to the Memorial?

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Fun! Glad you got to get out and do some sight seeing! Great pics!

Kaela said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of fun! So excited for you :)

p.s. I have that same striped shirt from Charlotte Russe. It looks way cuter on you.

Melodie Anne said...

That looks awesome!! I so need to go to NY.

Smashie Smasherton said...

I love love love the shirt you're wearing in these pics! Such ruffly sleeves!!

Chrissy said...

I am loving all these baby and NY updates! So jealous!