skip to main |
skip to sidebar
John graduates from NYU on May 17th. He has had a lot of interviews with different companies. After a lot of thought and prayer, we have decided to accept a job offer from Ernst & Young in Houston, Texas! I never thought I'd be living in Texas, but I'm excited! I've never been there before. I know some people from Texas, but not the Houston area. With cost of living so low, we're hoping to be able to afford a house in a year or so. John is really excited to start working after being in law school for the past 4 years! I am excited to have a working husband, Target nearby and a car again. If you know anything about Houston or know someone who lives there or is from there, please let me know! I'd like all the info I can get! John and I have to move all of our stuff and our cat from CA to Texas, not to mention all of our new furniture etc.. from NY to TX! It will be quite the task! I'll have to get some Texas prints for our new place!
14 comments:
Oh my gosh that is sooo exciting! I don't know much about Texas though. That has got to feel good being all the way done with school, I can't wait until we're there!
I can tell you some general stuff about Texas but not much about Houston specifically, except that they have a temple there and there are some really posh areas to live in. You'll love the cost of living, but beware of the humidity ;) Good luck at Ernst and Young. That is definitely a tax place!
Hey Audrey Matt went on his mission to Houston and My two brothers live in Dallas, and Corpus Christi. I have a friend, her son and his family live in Houston. I could ask her some questions or get there phone number for you.
Kristen
Woo hoo! Another adventure! So there is kind of a possibility that Daniel will do his residency in San Antonio for the next five years....! I don't know how far apart they are but I'm sure we'd be able to arrange at least a few visits!
Congratulations!!! It will be a hassle with all the moving - but to have a job and finally be settled somewhere will feel so great for you. Matthew served his mission in Houston. It was a few years ago ;) but I'm sure he'd love to talk to you about the area. Congrats again!
How Exciting!!!! Wow. I'm really excited for you!! My borhter-in-law and fam live in the Houston area. I'm sure they'd be happy to give you information if needed.
Congrats Audrey! I bet that you will love Texas. :)
Congrats! my hubby grew up in Texas, we've been there a few times to Houston, to visit his Grandparents. you will like it there. its very pretty and green! however the humidity is horrible! you'll get used to it. and also the southern people there are amazing. that is one thing I LOVE about Texas is the people. they are very very nice! good luck with the new adventure!
My husband's family just moved from Houston, and they LOVED it!
Yeah!! That is so so exciting!! So happy for you guys!
WOW!! Exciting!! So we lived in Texas when we were little (that's where Heather was born) but in Plano which is by Dallas. Joe and I have gone for work there a few times as well but never to Houston. Just be ready for everything "drive-thru"!! Drive-thru cleaners, food, starbucks..pretty much everything..LOL!!!! I love the thunder and lightning storms out there but not a fan of the humidity...so get ready for that yuckiness!!!! But everyone there is sooo nice!! They have some funny words too like "I'm fixin' to go out" and"Y'all". Oh and pay attention to when you go into the banks, there are pics of a gun with a circle around it with a slash which is telling you that you need to leave your gun in your car!! I took on of those signs home!! LOL
Love all these cute pictures. :)
Congratulations!!! Truth be told my heart longs to be back in Texas. I love it there so much and am so happy for you and your family!
What a fun adventure! You have such a great attitude. That's awesome that your husband will have a job right after school. You are very (and rightly so!) blessed! :)
Post a Comment