12/1/12

A Few Christmasy Things

So we bought a house a couple of weeks ago! Anyway, more on that later. I also need to post about Thanksgiving. Anyway, I didn't really have any money to get Christmas decor this year, and I needed a little artwork above the mantel. I had this yellow foam board on hand and just cut a quick tree out of some wrapping paper and glued it on. It's not straight and not smoothed on the foam board very well, but I think it adds a fun touch of funky whimsy. I love the Holidays. On Monday we are getting a fresh tree. Yay! So happy to have a mantel for the first time and actually hang stockings etc...

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

MaryAnne and Rusty said...

So cute! I love ths stockings too! What a good idea to make the inexpensive boring stocking cute! You are awesome!

MellyB said...

Congrats on your house Audrey! Just hit up allt hose after christmas clearance sales for next years decor. Although I think that yellow foamboard tree looks kind of great...so you could just stick with that for like, ever.

Unknown said...

Just stumbled across your blog, LOVE the owl table, where did you find it? We too have our first mantle and I'm anxiously awaiting our new stockings to arrive :)

Anonymous said...

Your home is lovely. :)

Lindsay said...

You are too dang cute! You can do no wrong! :)