5/11/09

Early morning IKEA fun...

Last Saturday I went with my friends Sarah and Elizabeth and her son Porter to IKEA in Burbank, CA. I got work off and we drove up around 7:15 a.m.! Why so early you ask? Well, last Saturday the first 1000 people received IKEA cash between $10-$1000! We were optimistic, but didn't expect more than $10 bucks worth of IKEA cash each...We got there around 8 a.m. and there were already like 700 people there lined up in front of us! The store didn't open until 10 and so we just stood and waited. A worker from IKEA came around and told everyone what number in line they were. We were like number 720 or something like that! We got excited! We thought there might have already been 1000 people there! We were still in the game so to speak. They started handing out the scratch and win cards around 9:30 a.m. We got to the front around 9:45. We scratched all of ours off and the other two girls only got $10 bucks each! I opened mine and it was $25 bucks! I was happy! It was no $1000, but I was still happy. We went shopping in the mad house called IKEA and got some fun stuff! Here are some fun things I purchased with my IKEA cash. I am obsessed with the color green right now...Can you tell? : ) Thanks for coming with me girls! It was fun and interesting to say the least!

The massive line behind us at IKEA! This picture does not do it justice at all!

Sarah, Elizabeth and Porter.

Liz and I.

Liz and I round II.

Just some pretty flowers I bought for myself! HAHA!

The new lamp shade I got a month or so ago.

Carlyle playing on top of and inside the plastic from my new chair top!

The new red computer chair from IKEA.

A black floor vase from IKEA.

Green bowls from IKEA.

New floral lamp shade and lamp from IKEA.

Fun plates from Target I got a while back.

12 comments:

Lisa Harradine said...

WAY CUTE STUFF!!! Looks like you guys had fun. I bet your house is decorated so cute! You always post such cute things from your house

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

YEA! That was so fun! I am glad we got to hang out!

Brooke said...

Dang, you must really love Ikea to be there 7:15 am!! Ikea can totally be a zoo, Phil & I went to the one in draper like the first weekend it opened. I felt like cattle being herded, lol. Great finds!

Brooke said...

P.S. I am very jealous about the mac ;)

Lora said...

Yeah! I love IKEA! I didn't know you were a Mac fam. We are too.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

Cute. You know I love me some IKEA!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for making me go!! I'm so glad we all got to go and hang out...but man was I pooped!! Let me know when you hear any more fun/free stuff!! LOVE YA!

Brooke said...

I actually have 3 dogs, too many :) I use the canon rebel xsi, are you thinking about getting a new camera?

Sarah said...

Hi Audrey. Im so glad you said hi. It has been a while since the days of Colleen and Collette! It looks like you found some really cute things at Ikea! I love that store!

Brooke said...

I really like it for a beginner camera, now that I know a little bit of what I'm doing I want a more professional camera. That's cool that it was HD video, it's an all-in-one :)

Rebecca Lowe said...

i love ikea! i just wish i had a semi-permanent home to decorate. i'm glad our blogs connected :)

Chrissy said...

Love ikea AND your fun new header/banner!