10/23/09

Rome III

We went to St. Peter's Basilica this day. This is located inside the Vatican City. It is so GRAND and beautiful and historic! It went on forever! We waited in line for about 45 minutes to go in. We had to make sure we all wore pants that day; although it was a very hot day again! (No shorts allowed inside.) It was worth it! This place rocks! Later we went to Piazza Del Popolo, which is a large square in Rome. We also went to the beautiful Spanish Steps that look over the entire city of Rome. We checked out Piazza de Navona, another square, a small art Museum and another basilica that was closing that my mom wanted to go look inside. We ended the day seeing the Pantheon again all lit up at night! There are so many beautiful churches in Europe with killer architecture! On a side note, It was so hot in Rome and I had no other clean short-sleeved shirts to wear, so John bought me an I ♥ Rome shirt. I look like I'm about 14 in all these pics. : ) DON'T JUDGE! HAHAHA.....

This is St. Peter's Square.
Photobucket
This is inside St. Peter's Basilica.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is from Piazza Del Popolo.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This guy was trying to sell me a rose. He put it in my hand and acted like it was free. Nice try buddy.
Photobucket
The Spanish Steps.
Photobucket
From on top of the Spanish Steps.Where's Pam and Floyd. Can you see them?
Photobucket

Photobucket
John got too close to this statue in the museum and the buzzer went off! (Twice...)
Photobucket
This shot is just cool.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The Basilica my mom wanted to go in.
Photobucket
Piazza Navona by night.
Photobucket

Photobucket
An amazing photo John took!
Photobucket
Filling up our water bottles for the 10th time that day!
Photobucket
The Pantheon from the back by night.
Photobucket
The Pantheon.
Photobucket
Tempio Di Adriano.
Photobucket

A video of St. Peter's Square:

{I loved you Rome! Thank you for having us!}

6 comments:

Cason and Marie said...

As I've said before....Amazing!! I learned about some of those scultures and works of art in my art history class...hated it! But I'm sure if I went there I would appreciate it a little more. You two are lucky ducks!

dannynstephstoddart said...

awesome.... lucky you!! How fun to get to see all these crazy places!! Good for you you crazy girl!

F Hassinger said...

The "unknown structure" is actually the left (West) side of the Pantheon! We were there when this picture was taken! The barricades in the middle of St. Peter's Basilica are protecting inlaid markings that indicate the relative size of the other largest churches around the world. St. Peter's is considerably larger that the next-biggest one. It was so awesome to be there with you guys. John took some great photos!

Love, Dad

P.S. Mom says it was so fun to see your posts!!!

Dad

Laura said...

Wow! That looks like it was an amazing experience!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Cool! As always, jealous of your camera - especially the night pics. Lance and I took like 2.5 minutes to find M&D in that picture, and then felt lame when they were front and center, waving.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures!! Rome is awesome and your pictures are incredible. I was so blown away by how HUGE St. Peter's was! Just love all the sites, sounds and history in Rome.
thanks for posting them - again, I live vicariously through you :D