10/20/09

Rome

We just got back from our 12 day trip around Europe! We had such an amazing time! I definitely see why people love traveling and seeing this beautiful world! We took the Eurostar train straight to Paris, France that took about 2 1/2 hours! It went very fast! It supposedly went about 180 miles per hour! We were only there for about 3 hours so we didn't really do any sightseeing in Paris that day. We took a sleeper train all the way to Rome, Italy. That was quite the experience! We were in a cabin with 6 twin beds. John and I plus my parents, plus this odd couple that only spoke French. That was a strange experience sharing a room and sleeping by complete strangers. The beds were really hard and the air conditioner either didn't work or they turned it off after we all went to bed so that was very uncomfortable. Oh well. We finally made it to Rome 15 hours later! Rome was so incredible! It might have been my favorite place we went. Rome is so ancient and cool looking. It was very hot in Rome the three days we were there. We went to the Colosseum and a bunch of other places that were ancient. We went to The Vatican Museum in Vatican City and explored around there the first day. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world! It is surrounded by this huge wall dividing it from Rome. The Sistine Chapel is inside Vatican City but we weren't allowed to take any pictures inside there. It was really beautiful inside though. Each day I will post about a different Day in Europe! Thanks Mom and Dad for a GREAT vacation! We were so lucky to travel to all these wonderful places! We love you guys!

THE VATICAN CITY
DAY ONE:
Photobucket

Photobucket
They had drinking fountains all over Rome!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A big hall full of statues.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another ancient bathtub : )
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A real mummy that died like 3000 years ago. So GROSS!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The "Thinker" statue.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
John writing a post card from The Vatican City Museum to his parents.
Photobucket
The "Laocoont" statue.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A model of Vatican City.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The stairs to exit out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Those big doors behind us were the same doors we entered from.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
St. Peter's Basilica.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The cops were directing traffic because The Pope was exiting the premises.
Photobucket

9 comments:

sasha said...

ummmm...
one word. JEALOUS.

it seems like you guys had so much fun!

jealouuuus.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

So, I have to admit I thought it was cool that you and Johnny got to live in London, but it wasn't until now that I became jealous!!! AHHHHH! I can't believe all the fun you two are having. Soak it up because once you have babies you will be house bound for a little while.

Cason said...

Amazing!! Such a neat experience for you guys!!

Cason said...

ps...this is marie! :)

Smashie Smasherton said...

Gorgeous pictures and what a perfect time to visit Rome! (I'm so jealous of your shorts; it's been in the 40s here.) Tell your parents I love their faces!!

Sarah said...

So cool!! How fun that your parents got to go with you too!! I don't know if I would have been able to sleep on that train with those weird people, what an experience!! Can't wait to see more!!

R+M said...

oh I absolutely adored Rome. Did you love it? What's been your favorite place so far?

Lora said...

I LOVE ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {I'm so jealous!} St. Peter's is my favorite place in all of Europe. SO JEALOUS!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

I had way too many comments so I just emailed you. WOW!