11/17/09

Thankful

I got tagged to list down the things I am thankful for. What a great idea and reminder; especially to myself!

  • John- He really is my best friend! I am so thankful for finding someone who is my better half. He means the world to me and he works so hard in school. I am so proud of him! He is so good to me and we have so much fun together! I love him with all my heart!
  • My family- They are so great! I love each and every one of them! My family is so diverse and that is what makes it so entertaining! If you know my family, you know what I mean! HAHA...I have the coolest family and the best parents! Thanks for all you do for me! Can't wait to see you all for Christmas this year!
  • John's Family- I am so thankful that I love my husband's family! I get along with them so well and they are such wonderful people! They do so much for us. I am glad they live close to us in CA! John's dad sends us a letter every week! I look forward to these letters! They did such a wonderful job in raising their kids! I love you guys!
  • America- I have truly missed being in the U.S. Europe is great and has been a wonderful experience, but there are so many little things you take for granted that are in the States. Luckily, we are still celebrating Thanksgiving here with John's school! They are going to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal for us!
  • The church- No matter where you go, it's still the same! I am grateful to be a member and to have the opportunity to go to church here. The church building is very close! I am thankful that we can just walk there. I believe that nothing makes you as happy as when you are living the gospel!
  • Health- I may not be in great health, but I am healthy for the most part. There are so many people that are worse off than me!
  • Friends- It's so nice to have people that care about you. There are some things that your husband just does not understand! I appreciate my friends and love hanging out with them! Besides, who else would watch Twilight with me? ; )
  • Traveling-It has been a very good experience overall. There have been a lot of hassles, and expenses to get here, and by being here and traveling, but I think it has broadened my horizons and I have come to appreciate life more. I have seen and done some amazing things here that I will cherish forever. I am so thankful we came here!

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for! I encourage everyone to write down what you are thankful for. Sometimes you feel so down and think you are having a hard time in life. If you think of all the good things in your life, it will make you feel better! What are you thankful for?



4 comments:

cait & darren mower said...

what a great list!! hope you guys have a great thanksgivin!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Tim Tams, Carter, these new Andes Mint cookies that we found at Walmart yesterday, meat, a place to stay while we're homeless, not being homeless after tomorrow!, fuzzy socks, Emergen-C, hymns in Spanish, your blog so I can know what you're doing, a cell phone, a job that I love, Thanksgiving, the ocean, Lance (these aren't in order), Jace's high/squeaky/loud/raspy voice, books and movies, barn wood, and an unfinished basement that I can finally roller skate in.

Sarah said...

What a great post! I am so thankful for so many things...family, a wonderful husband, great friends like you, the gospel...but most of all FOR YOU TO COME HOME!!

Emily said...

Thanks for your thanksgiving! It's always good to have something spark thoughts of gratitude.

Nick only took the CA bar. I don't know how long each state's exam is. A friend's husband took the Nevada exam and I think it was 2 1/2-3 days. Most are shorter, though.