2/19/10

New painting + lamp

John got me this blank white canvas for Christmas and I've been putting off painting on it because I didn't know what to do with it. I am so not an artist, and was afraid of screwing it up. You really only get one shot at painting it. Tonight I just decided to go for it. I got out my paint and decided to make something simple and abstract. I decided to try and match the colors I have in my apt. and do some circles. I think it turned it okay. I didn't get the green exactly like I wanted, and it sort of looks like a 5th grade art class project, but I'm okay with that. : ) I'm glad I attempted it and I had fun at the same time! I also recently got this lamp that I've been wanting. It's fillable, which is my favorite part. Right now I have some decorative faux lemons in it, but I may change it out to something else or add more to it later on. I love playing around with decorating!

(Please excuse the crappy iphone quality pics...)






7 comments:

sasha said...

girl, i like it! it's so unique and simple.
and the lamp? how cool is it that you can fill them up with whatever you'd like!

Makenzie said...

You are so creative darling! Could youy come and give me tips on my house! Love that lamp!

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

very cute! you have great taste!

Sarah said...

Good job! I love it! You can paint anything for my house! I always love coming to your house and seeing what you have done in your house!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Nice dude. Did you use a cool whip container for the circles? The lemons look good in there. Good work.

Emily said...

What a fun and creative project. I've always wanted to take an art class, but I'm intimidated. I LOVE the lamp!

Cason and Marie said...

Great job! I love it! I love the lemons in the lamp.