I was invited to go to a taping of Ask Oprah's All Stars. I was so excited to go on a TV set and see how it all worked. A lady in my ward got a ticket and 3 extra seats. She was kind enough to invite me along. I was lucky I was able to get work off. We left at 6:45 in the morning on Tuesday. The traffic wasn't too bad. We had to wait outside the studios for about 30 minutes. We got inside and had to go through security. They told us to to go and put our cell phones/cameras back in our cars if we had them. Too bad I didn't get any pics! They checked our bags and we went through a metal detector. Then we had to wait another 45-60 minutes to go inside to get seated. It was in Hollywood at the Dr. Phil set. They transformed it for this show. It airs on the OWN network. I still am not sure the exact air date but I hope I don't miss it. Anyway, it was freezing inside the studios! Everyone was cold. It was funny, I asked one of the workers if they happened to have any blankets. He just laughed and said, "No sorry we don't." He probably thought I was an idiot for asking. They had this guy come out and pump everyone up before the show started. Then out came Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, Suze Orman, and the host Gayle King! It was neat to see them in person. The first show was all about embarrassing questions that people had for them to answer. The first question was about masturbating. AWKWARD! Anyway, there were some interesting questions and answers given. Gayle King was really funny. She messed up her lines a couple of times, and she had to re-say them. The first show took about 2 hours. Then we had a 15 minute break to go to the bathroom and grab a quick snack. We then got seated again but in a different seat than we were in for the first show. The second show was all about "Myths, Secrets and Confessions." This girl that was 7 months pregnant wanted to announce she was pregnant to her dad, whom she hadn't seen in 2 1/2 years. She wanted a "safe" place to tell him with Dr. Phil's help. Apparently whenever she calls he hangs up on her etc... So everyone was expecting fireworks when he came out. It was the opposite! He was so happy for her and her fiance and was just glad she wasn't going to have an abortion. Anyway, then later she went backstage to get an ultrasound to find out she was having a girl. It was interesting. Suze Orman talked about finances and Dr. Oz busted some myths and answered some health related questions. All in all it was really fun, but it was a long process. We weren't done until 3 or so. They filmed the audience a couple of times so I hope I make it on TV. Have any of you seen this show before or are fans of them? Too bad Oprah wasn't there! Haha..


3 comments:
haha thats awesome!! I love Oprah-too bad she wasn't there! sounds like you had fun :)
How cool to see behind the scenes like that. Didn't you also go to The Tonight Show when you were in New York? I would love to see how everything works. Let me know when you find out the air date!
I've been to Price is Right and The Craig Ferguson show...so I know how long the process is and how much waiting around you have to do. But it is fun and worth it, I think. sounds like you had a fun time!
Post a Comment