4/24/09

Old People!

So the other day John and I decided to check out this hole in the wall called Weiler's Deli. It's apparently a Jewish deli. We get inside and notice a couple of booths filled with old people. We thought nothing of it. Then our server comes up and was about 55 and real sassy! You could tell she had worked there for half her life and knew everyone and everyone's family who walked in the door! We asked her which soup was the best. She said "You've never tried our soup?" We told her we hadn't! She's like "Oh! I'll be right back!" She immediately goes to the back and then brings us a sample of ALL the soups! It was so hilarious and very thoughtful! As we looked around, the deli was getting full. Full of ALL OLD PEOPLE!!! It was the funniest thing! We were the only table under the age of like 60! John and I were laughing so hard but trying not to be rude. He pretended to be taking a pic of just me but really he wanted to show how many old people were there! Please excuse my no-makeup and the poor quality from the iphones. Needless to say, the food was awesome and we'll definitely be back!




8 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so sweet!! When I get old, I want to go to an old Deli for dinner and just sit with my cute little old hubby. I love that you guys went there...next time, count me in!

Brooke said...

Hahaha, that is so funny! I love old people they always crack me up :)

Lyssa said...

Awesome! I love hole-in-the-wall diners. They are the best. It makes it even better that there were only old people there! Too funny.

Lacking Productivity said...

Those places are my fave!

Shauna Brown said...

Hey Crisp fam!! I'm so glad you check out my blog since I haven't been much of a bloghead lately. I love your celebrity sightings at CPK. As a veteran CPK server I didn't have many :( Just Mark Mcguire and Steven Speilberg's Dad- does he count?? I love CPK and all the yumminess that goes with it. What I wouldn't do for a Tostada Pizza add grilled lime chicken on neopolitan crust right now with a side of ranch- dinner tomorrow night perhaps??!! You have a great blog- keep it up! John, did you know my best girlfriend went to Pepperdine Law? She's BIG time now! get ready!!

cait & darren mower said...

how funny!! you two are so cute!

Emily said...

That is hilarious! If you keep going back, you'll probably make some really great friends (or start attending a lot of funerals!)

Cason and Marie said...

Haha that is hilarious! Love the little old gramps in the background.