Today I went with John's classmates and a tour guide on a legal tour of London in Holborn. I'm not gonna lie, at times it was a little boring for me cause I'm not a law student and am not into legal stuff, but the tour guide was very knowledgeable and pretty interesting about the legal side of London. They do it a bit different than we do in the states. The buildings were cool and very old. Some buildings even had pock marks from the first World War. It started raining again, but this time we were prepared and had our umbrella. Everyone in London carries one all the time because you NEVER know when it will just start pouring, and then it may stop for 5 minutes, then start again! After the legal tour everyone headed over to a bunch of pubs to try out. We went to one and got some fine wine (not...) some garlic cheese bread then we peaced out. Everyone was getting wasted and for us non-drinkers it's not nearly as exciting. We stopped at a bookstore, then headed home. Anyway, it was a fun afternoon...








5 comments:
Cool stuff! I love all that old architecture over there. I also love those cars that are always in the background of your pictures - the ones that look like a cross between a PT Cruiser/Scion/Rolls Royce/etc. I like how that umbrella picture turned out. That's cool that you got to come along on the tour. You've see a LOT of stuff since you've been there.
What a fun day! I probably would have been a bit bored too! I'm glad you guys are having fun and eating lots of delicious cheese bread!
URGH!! I seriously can't look at your blog any more...I am so jealous!! I wish I could have gone with you then we could have made fun of all the "boring tour stuff" Glad you guys didn't get wasted! :)
Nick asked if John is learning British law in his classes, or just what classes he is taking.
I love Legal London stuff! That was one of my favorite field trips during Study Abroad. And that round church in one of your pics (can't remember the name of it) was in The DaVinci Code. So that's cool too!
By the way, I think you look like Zooey Deschanel in a bunch of your pics. I think it's the bangs!
Post a Comment