9/7/09

Leed's Castle

John and I on the Train..

Yesterday we went to Leed's Castle in Kent, England. It was an hour away by train. This castle was awesome! We toured inside of it and took a bunch of pics. There is also this dope maze thingy (Like in the old school movie Labyrinth) that we got lost in...then underneath that was a Gratto; in this cave they had creepy statues and neon colored lights with Halloween-like music. I sort of felt like I was in high school again going through a haunted house. : )
There are tons of birds around at Leed's Castle. They even had a falcon show with an owl and two other birds that were trained. It was really awesome! We walked through their Aviary and toured a weird small Dog Collar Museum. Such a cool place...Thanks for the recommendation by Sarah's mom who is from England!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This flower pic is for John's Mom! : )
Photobucket

Photobucket

If anyone knows me, they know I am terrified of water; hence the scared face in this pic. haha...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These bird pictures are for my dad...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





11 comments:

leslie said...

wow! so fun that you're in london! i went there when i was a junior in h.s and had a blast! how long are you there for? what a fun experience to have with your hubby.

Kat said...

haha, my mom told me about the dead flower pic you sent her. thanks for posting all of the pics. i live vicariously thru you guys!!
P.S.~Dan Jacobs says hi, i ran into him and his wife at the mall last week!

R+M said...

I have never been to England, but it looks awesome. I am so jealous of all your adventures! Love all the pics.

Cason and Marie said...

Wow love the pictures! You guys are doing some neat things! You wish you could go to the beach?? Even when you are in England?? I'd love to be in England right now!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! :) What a great castle.

Sarah said...

Leeds was one of my fav places!! Loved the maze!! We saw peacocks while we were there...so cool...but skipped the bird place since I am TERRIFIED of birds! Glad you guys were able to make it, and it looks like it was a beautiful day!

Mary said...

looks like you guys are having a blast! Makes me want to go back and see more!

Emily said...

Amazing. I will definitely put that on my list of things to see before I die!

Loved the Labyrinth movie as a kid. I don't know why, it's a little creepy!

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

You look so great! I love you in yellow! Glad you had a fun day! Miss you!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Wow, that looks like an amazing place. Why was that bird tied up? That's weird. That bed with the little canopy was tiny. I would fall right off of it. I'm afraid of mazes. The grotto looked cool though. Especially the haunted-housedness of it. P.S. Nice usage of the semi-colon. :)

Lisa Harradine said...

So Jealous! Looks like you guys are having a blast.