10/27/09

Firenze

Our next City was Florence, Italy. This was a cute little town. The first place we went after our train ride there was the Academy Gallery. This famous museum has Michelangelo's original "DAVID" statue. That statue was really cool to see in person! It was funny because this lady sitting next to us looking at the statue didn't know why one of his hands was bigger than the other one. My dad told her the bigger hand was suppose to represent "God's hand." It was an amazing, huge statue that I'm very glad I got to see. There were no pictures allowed in this museum. We took some pics of a replica David later on. (Not nearly as Big or cool as the REAL David statue...) Then we went to the Duomo; A.K.A. The Basilica di Santa Maria del Flore. It was breathtaking! We saw the Battistero, which is supposedly the oldest building in Florence. It was pretty cool. We had some delicious gelato and did some more wandering before dinner. We went in this outdoor museum that had a bunch of statues and what not. They had a large TV screen up as well. We were now in Palazzo Vecchio. There were street performers, b-boys, and a fountain as well as the FAKE DAVID statue. We walked past The Uffizi Museum and we ended the day at The Ponte Vecchio. There was a river and some beautiful architecture there.

The Original "David" statue someone else took illegally! Thanks somebody!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Fake David.
Photobucket
Fake Mona Audrey.
Photobucket
Outside of The Academy Gallery.
Photobucket
The Duomo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Inside The Duomo.
Photobucket

Photobucket
They have these candles you can light if you donate 2 Euros. They are in every Catholic church!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The strange ceiling art.
Photobucket
This one is nasty!
Photobucket
This one is creepy! Happy Halloween everyone!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Some b-boys we found. They didn't want us to take their pic. I would have thought it would be the opposite!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Uffizi Museum Clock Tower in the background.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Fake David Again...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Outdoor Museum.
Photobucket
Uffizi Museum.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Leonardo Da Vinci statue. Us being silly...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Ponte Vicchcio.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Delicious Gelato.
Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a beautiful city! All of the nakedness is creepy, though!

Sarah said...

Beautiful city! I love your jacket too! So cute! When my parents went to Florence, they totally took all the illegal pictures...so funny!! heehee

Brooke said...

that gelato looks sooo yummy! so have you been watching sytycd? this season is amazing! and you know the married couple Ryan & Ashleigh? Ashleigh went to mvhs with us, she was a year older, her maiden name is Ingersol. Craziness!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Did you notice the guy in the red and white striped shirt with the best mullet ever? Awesome. They make you pay to light a candle? What! That picture of the candles is cool though. Grossest ceiling art ever! Why didn't the b-boys want you to take their picture? Did they want you to pay them for it? Your coat is SO cute! The Ponte Vicchcio looks amazing. That's so funny to see the gelato just sitting there in a mound - not in a container or anything, just there. Do they have Tim Tams in London, or are they just Australian? I just did a Tim Tam Slam a few minutes ago, and it was the most fabulous food moment of my life. I'm addicted.

Brooke said...

I'm really good, past the first trimester almost halfway through the pregnancy. I would post prego pics, but they would be boring! I'm barely even showing, but when I start to pop, i'll be sure to post some :) Ashleigh has surprised me, from her first audition I didn't think she'd make it to the top twenty. Her husband is hot though :) I didn't know Mia left the show, that sucks! I loved her too, I thought she gave a lot of really good critique and choreography. I only watched half of last nights, I was too tired to finish ;) talk to ya later!

F Hassinger said...

We got so excited seeing your pictures (as if we weren't there in person ourselves!). Still say that the Ponte Vecchio bridge photo should win a prize. It looks awesome on a 24" monitor!!!!!

Really, all the rest of the pictures were fabulous, too. That gellato really is a masterpiece of presentation! I want some NOW!!! -love, Mom

Lauren said...

SO fun! I love your Halloween header! :)

emily said...

Audrey...LOVE all the pictures! How FUN...what an experience!