11/13/09

Paris II

The next day in Paris we started off the day by going to Musee Carnavalet-Museum of Paris History. It was a neat little museum. Then we went inside this huge department store to see if there was a secret door that led to perfect views of the Eiffel Tower. My mom went in this small, secret door 7 years prior. Unfortunately since then, they have closed the entrance. I wonder if someone died up there? J/k... We saw a disturbing picture of the U.S. President inside the store and then we made our way over to Notre Dame. It was really cool to go see it. It was beautiful on the outside. The gargoyles looked sweet! We went inside and there was a mass in session! There were candles lit, speakers, singers, worshiping, and incense burning. It was really cool inside there. We didn't go up to the top of the tower. I wish we would have...It was even better looking when we came out and it was all lit up. I guess a lot of things look better all lit up...The Pont Notre Dame bridge over the Siene river was so beautiful! We ended out the day by going to this really old American book store. A lot of famous authors used to live there in the upstairs while they were writing their books. Then we got delicious crepes, peaced out, and went to bed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know what the heck this is!


Photobucket

Photobucket

I love these cool looking hedges...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This hanging cat is like Le Chat Noir- a famous French painting...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the castle that we stayed in while we were in Paris. : )


Photobucket

Photobucket

This was a funky modern museum with an outdoor escalator. We didn't end up going in though.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

A crazy modern water fountain.


Photobucket

Okay-isn't this the cutest little birdie?


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I mean really? I guess our American president is popular over there.

Photobucket

These were the only views we could find in that department store.

Photobucket

Pont Notre Dame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

NOTRE DAME!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Inside Notre Dame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Legend has it, the 3rd one in who's holding his head carried it all the way here after he died.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The gargoyles.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Sorry, this one is kind of out of focus.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The bridge again, only this time all lit up! This picture John took rocks!

Photobucket

John upstairs in the old American bookstore.

Photobucket

Down some street...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



5 comments:

sasha said...

audrey!

you are the sweetest.
what you said was dead on.

"i'm not the only one"

that's all i needed to hear.
your comment really did make my day.

thank you...

and PARIS? woman... you are living the life. really.. i am so jealous. people want things that they can't have in life and that's just human nature. right!??

kk, i think i love you. really.
thanks again for the sweet comment. :)

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

beautiful! you guys are so lucky! enjoy every second, it will be over before you know it.

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

I loved Paris (meaning vicariously, through your pictures)! Cool stuff. I love that bridge photo that John took.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

I made it in Picasa. It's a free photo software you can download off the internet.

Lora said...

Your hair looks FANTASTIC in all of these picts! I wish I were brave enough to have bangs. I just about fell over in starvation when I saw the picture of the cheese. I LOVE EUROPEAN CHEESE & BREAD!!!!!!