Venice, Italy was unlike anywhere else! It was such a cool place! It is a sinking city and you can tell from all the water marks and mold lines from where the water goes up to on the buildings. We got settled in and we took a water bus around the Grand Canal! It was so neat to see most of the city this way. Lets be honest, we were way too cheap to pay for a gondola ride! : ) Then we went to Piazzo San Marco. There were sooooooo many pigeons in this particular square. It was out of control! This one guy had a bunch of them come up to him and we thought it was funny so we took a pic of it. We then went to the Museo Archeological. No pics were allowed at these places inside. (Once again...) Then we went to the Basilica Di San Marco. It was incredible in there. We also went inside The Doge Palace. It was cool to go in and in the basement they had old prisons with prisoner's old drawings and it smelled old and musty! It was a fun place to explore. On the way back we stopped and ate dinner at this cafeteria-like place called The Laughing Cat! It was funny because my mom was notorious for misplacing her water bottle the whole trip. Well she left her water bottle lid on the table and the worker came immediately and cleaned up our table. He threw away her water bottle lid. She went back in to retrieve it and of course it was already gone. She did however come back out with a wine bottle cork! HAHA...The guy gave her that to plug her water bottle! It was dang funny! She was pretty mad about it and we all just laughed. On the way back to our hotel we literally got lost in the city! The whole city is like a maze I swear! It was cool to see all the restaurants and shops though...I dug Venice!
Scared to death on the water bus! ; )
See all the green mold lines?
This is what the water bus looks like.
They were working on this building, so they added a cover that looked like the building.
The Gondolas.
See The Gondola Sign? Funny...
Some random statue of a pack of cigs and a big chair. Weird!
San Marco Square.
The bird man.
I was pretending to have food, but its mama didn't raise no fool!
Outside of The Doge Palace.
That is just gross!
Gondola parking?
The Laughing Cat Cafeteria.
We loved the coke cans in Italy!
The famous Rialto Bridge.
This is my favorite picture John shot! So beautiful!

































































10 comments:
what a fun trip!! Are you drinking soda now????
I would love, love to visit the city on the sea sometime. that's awesome :)
Your camera is doing the job right it looks like! I am drooling over every picture. I need to be there.
SO AWESOME!! Such beautiful pictures! I wish wish wish I were there with you guys!
I LOVE VENICE!!!!!!!! St. Peter's is my favorite place, but Venice is my favorite city. I'm pretty sure I could live there happily ever after. Did you know Bryan served in that city on his mission? SO jealous! You lucky dog---I need to get back there, eh?
AWESOME. AWESOME, AWESOME!!!...someday :)
Hi, Johnny & Og! Your pics of Venice ARE so awesome. To everyone who said, "someday I want to see Venice" well, Audrey's Dad and I waited 'til we were near 60 to see it! Don't wait THAT long yourselves or that magical place will have SUNK into the LAGOON!!!!!!! (Hey, LoLo! I knew Bryan served NEAR Venice--Florence and Padua---But I didn't know that he was actually in Venice! LUCKY GUY!!!!) See ya, Mom
Gorgeous! You will have some amazing prints you can hang in your house!
I didn't know you guys went to Venice!! I've always wanted to go there. You took some sweet pictures. What's with the Statue of Liberty with a boogie board? And some other dude with a boogie board? I love the tall Coke cans. Funny about Mom's water bottle. I read the post above first so I was thinking that water bottles over there just had corks instead of regular lids, and I thought that was funny. I thought your story was going to end with, "Mom dug around in the garbage until she found her lid." That wouldn't have surprised me at all.
Venice is my fave city in the world... I love love love it. I'm glad you got to go to all these cool places!!
Post a Comment