12/11/09

Christmas at Harrods

Every year Harrods has a theme for Christmas. This year it is The Wizard of Oz! Let me tell you, Harrods doesn't mess around. All of their store windows are decked out to the max! I decided to go take some festive photos last night. Harrods has even gone as far as making all their usual exterior building lights green for Emerald City. They have a Christmas World shop on the second level with everything you can think of for Christmas. John and I got our annual Christmas ornament from there and we are looking forward to using it next Christmas. I also took some pics around our neighborhood of other Christmasy windows. There is hotel a few doors down from ours and they put up a Christmas tree in their window a week or so ago. We pretend it's ours. Heehee... I just love this time of the year! I'm so glad I got to experience Christmas time in London. Happy Holidays!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this Christmas tree made out of jeans!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just had to take a pic of their mail box. They are so much cooler than ours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The start of the Harrod's store window displays.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This big book had a video of The Wizard of Oz playing on it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They unveiled these HUGE red shoes a couple weeks ago. They are rad!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is not Harrods...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the Knightsbridge Underground we always use.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a Harrod's window...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mulberry store window.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Notice the McDonald's sign in the window. HaHa...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the Knightsbridge Hotel and "our" tree.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our next door neighbor's tree.

Photobucket


8 comments:

Regan said...

Love this post. I'm so glad you posted all those pictures of Harrod's. My mom LOVES the Wizard of Oz and if you don't mind, I'd like to send these to her. I think she would think it's cool. It looks like you guys are having a great Holiday season.

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Wow, I am stunned - they really went all out! I can't even imagine how much money it must have cost to do all of that. Maybe that's why a pair of socks costs $22. By the way, I noticed they spelled jewelry wrong twice - do they spell it differently over there? That jeans tree is my favorite. I think Lance and I are going to get our tree in the morning - I'm so excited! We just got done getting out all our ornaments and the few Christmas decorations we have. Those Brits don't mess around when it comes to Christmas - everything looks so festive!

sasha said...

awe. this warmed my heart.
tis the season to be jolly!
i feel so jolly!

i love love love the display windows too. so pretty.

Pierce and Stacy said...

That's so fun that you get to experience all of that! I agree, the jean Christmas tree is awesome. And I love the Red sparkly shoes!

The Castletons said...

Looks so fun to be in England right now! Merry Christmas!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

I love all of these pictures! I know I always say it, but I am so JEALOUS!!! Looks so fun and festive!

Emily said...

That is just amazing. I wish I could see it in person. The ruby slippers are HUGE! I love that somewhere in the world still does the holiday season right.

Ooo, your play list is playing "Mistletoe" right now. Love it!

Tesera said...

Oh so fun! I love the giant red shoes. I wish you guys would have been here this year!!! Isn't Harrods AMAZING??