The time has come to part with this lovely place! John had his last final today and he is halfway done with law school!!! Yeah for John! We fly back to CA tomorrow. As I sit back and think about all of our adventures here, I am very thankful. I realize that we were so very lucky to be able to come here. I've had an amazing time and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Today it finally snowed here! I have compiled a list of my TOP 10's. Top 10 things I will miss about London, and Top 10 things I will not miss and am looking forward to that America has. Thank you for reading our blog and keeping up with us while we've been out here. I am looking forward to spending Christmas this year with my family in Utah and moving forward with our lives! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
TOP 10 THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT LONDON:
- I will miss how pretty everything is here. It just looks different than the States. It is so much older and that's why it looks so much cooler. I love all the cobble stone roads and alleyways. The buildings are just neat. There is so much history here.
- I will miss being able to just walk or hop on the Underground to wherever I need to. There is a grocery store and a pharmacy within 3-5 minute walk of our flat.
- I will miss all of the cute accents everyone has. Well, most people. There are actually more people than you would think that don't have a British accent. I also love certain terms or words that they say here. i.e. CHEERS! It means something different here. People say it all the time after you're done talking with them. I love it!
- I will miss their red mail boxes, red telephone booths and big red buses. They must love the color red.
- I will miss being able to spend so much time with John.
- I will miss being able to travel around the world.
- I will miss not having to work! Haha... Although I did feel guilty about that a lot.
- I will miss all of the cool things we did and saw, stores, shops, and ESPECIALLY HARRODS!
- I will miss being able to blog about our travels!
- I will miss how I felt being here.
TOP 10 THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT LONDON:
- I will not miss not having an outlet or a fan in our bathroom.
- I will not miss not having a garbage disposal in our kitchen or having to light our stove with a match every time we needed to use it.
- I will not miss not having a TV and DVR! Although we did get to download online most of the shows we watch. That was really handy.
- I will not miss having roommates! John probably will though... No offense roomies... But I am married! It's kind of strange having roommates after you've been married for two years! We did have some fun times with them though... I also miss our bed, and our furniture and our dishes, and our iMac. Heehee...
- I will not miss not having RANCH and other delicious foods and treats only found in America!
- I will not miss the cold!
- I will not miss having mice in our flat and in our bedroom keeping us awake at night!
- I will not miss being poor! This trip has put us more in debt than ever! But so worth it!
- I will not miss how expensive everything here is!
- I will not miss not having family and Carlyle here with us! I miss you people! See you all soon!


6 comments:
Like I said in an e-mail last night, I'M SOOOO SAD to think of you guys not living in your London flat!!! Which is ridiculous, because that means you'll be back nearer to US!!! CRAZY I know. (Guess it's like when you're sad to graduate from High School even though you're frantic to be outta there???!!)Thing is, it's the close of a special time in your lives....so let me just compliment you: "You guys really ROCKED the livin-in-London thing" like no others!!!!!!!!!!!!!We will love it when you finally get home to Utah...Can't wait!!! oxoxox
I'm feeling really sad. Like crying a tiny bit. But since we are going to have a sleepover in a few days I guess I can buck up.
WOW. time went by fast, huh?
america has missed you!
Welcome back to the US of A!! Feels good to be home, huh?
Good luck with all of your travels. I have really enjoyed seeing all of your fun adventures - I'm sure you'll find plenty more in the US! Merry Christmas!
What a fun thing for you guys to experience together
Post a Comment