4/7/12

Carlo's Bakery

John surprised us by taking us to the Cake Boss Bakery called Carlo's Bakery. It's located in Hoboken, NJ. It was pretty easy to get to. We just hopped on the F train and then took a path train to NJ. Once we got to Hoboken it was only like a 5 minute walk to get there. Little did we know there was a HUGE line to get in. It's really popular because of the TV show. We got in a line and took a ticket. It was colder than we thought it would be and we were underdressed. John was wearing a short sleeved T-shirt and sandals. I was just wearing a light hoodie. Luckily we brought a coat for Duder Jr. We waited about 2 hours outside. Then they let a group of people into the store. Once we got into the store there were like 20 ticket numbers ahead of us. We then waited another hour! It was so crazy busy. I guess we came at the wrong time. Although, I guess the wait time can get up to 6 hours! We got some canolis, some cream puffs, some chocolate chip cookies. some m&m cookies, a brownie, and an Easter Bunny sugar cookie. All of that was only 16 bucks! We stopped at McDonald's on the way home. I laughed because we spent just about as much at McDonalds. Haha! I should have bought more stuff. Everything was so good! Buddy wasn't there, but his sister was. She was really nice and was letting people take pictures with her. She was talking to John and told him that since he had a baby she would have let him right in with no waiting! What the? Where were you like 3 hours ago lady? Haha. It was so fun to go see the bakery. I like watching the TV show, so it was a "treat" in more ways than one to see it. Thanks John for such a fun surprise!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like quite an adventure! Glad the food was good.

Matt and Brooke said...

No Way!! that is awesome you got to go there! I like that show.. I bet the line is always crazy busy.. they are making a fortune!!That is cool you can say you have tried their food!