4/26/12

Times Square

We went to Times Square tonight with John's little brother and his two buddies who are staying with us. We ate at Shake Shack. Seriously the best hamburgers ever! I want another one right now! So good! Anyway, we had an awkward experience on the subway ride home. So this crazy lady came up to Weston and was like "Oh my gosh he's so bald!" She had a real thick Brooklyn accent. Then she starts rubbing his head over and over. John and I just looked at each other like Oh geez, how awkward. Then she's asks how old he is, what's his name is etc... We tell her and then she grabs his hand and squeezes it. Then she says "He won't let go." Then she goes to the middle of the subway car and starts her schpill on how she's homeless and lost her job and not to judge her and she needed some money. Then in the middle of her talking she says again how bald he was. Then she comes up again and kissed his hand! Yikes! Way over the line. Finally she gets off the subway. Then like 3 people say do you need hand sanitizer? Yes please. It was hilarious. We are too nice to tell strangers to not touch our kid. It's one thing to talk to him or smile at him, but kissing his hand and rubbing your dirty homeless hands all over his head are not okay. Haha. Good times on the subway. I'm excited to travel in the privacy of my own car soon. Here are a few pics from today.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

chris m. said...

AHHH!! I would not like that.... crazy people touching a happy little baby. Nice to know that others were supporting ya with the hand sanitizer. It would be fun to visit times square any ol' day. I bet that is a fun thing about living in NY. It is fun that you guys have had fun living in lots of different places. ;)

Emily said...

I love that people offered you hand sanitizer. What a crazy story.

Cara said...

I want a pic of the homeless woman!!!! We didn't go to that location when we went to the Shake Shack. I liked the burgers too, but the custard was AMAZING!! I love Weston!!! Joe and I want to steal him from you! I goes we need to find you on a subway and attack him!! LOL!

Marc and Lindsay Duncan said...

That is such a funny story. I think I would have had a panic attack! You handled it well. Good job. Bath him in sanitizer! :)

Lyssa said...

Gross! Try taking him to anywhere in Asia. People are always trying to touch Christian it makes me crazy and he does not like it at all! In Hong Kong Disneyland some ladies came and picked him up out of his stroller while he was sleeping. It was crazy.

We're getting a Shake Shack here in Doha, so I'll have to check them out.

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Ew, nasty. Yeah, that is super awkward. I'm glad there are no homeless people in Saratoga Springs. :)

Shake Shack said...

John and Audrey, thanks so much for being guests at Shake Shack. It always feels good to hear feedback like yours!

Our team can't wait to see you again soon at the Shack!

-Brandy, Shake Shack