8/23/09

Pictures of our flat in London:

The outside of the building. We live on the ground level.










We moved in to our flat today. It was quite the trek over here hauling all 6 of our bags and what not. Too funny. Everything is great so far, except the arches in my feet are killing me! I need to find some gel arch support inserts or something. I hope I get used to it, cause when I go out walking right now, I feel like I'm 80 years old. HAHA! Our flat is pretty dope; we share it with one other nice couple and John's friend Jeff. We share the kitchen with everyone and the bathroom with just Jeff. It's milestones better than the crappy, old, dorm room we stayed in for 3 nights. It even has a washer/dryer! That is very rare in London! We ended up paying 265 pounds/week. (This includes all of our utility bills and the Internet.) Not too shabby for London; Considering London is the 3rd most expensive city to live in, in the WORLD!!! The walk to the law school takes about 12 minutes. We live one block from the world famous Harrods! Too cool! I will post pictures of our adventures so far in a day or two.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute! So is the flat divided? Or do you share all living space with these other people? That looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Sarah said...

we are way jealous!!! sounds like you'll be having the time of your life!

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

So posh! Have fun in London, I will be thinking about all the amazing food you will eat and historic sites you will see. Keep your blog updated with all the cool stuff you see and do! Take care!

sasha said...

over $500 a week!? girl... i guess that's london for ya.

it's just like tokyo. everything is smaller and expensive! but yay for a washer and dryer! =]

Laura said...

wow! that's a nice flat! it's 265 pounds AFTER sharing the cost?!

Emily said...

Super cute place!

Brooke said...

you be jellin? Your flat looks killer! I love the colors & lighting. You are sooo lucky to have a washer and dryer, that would suck to have to go to a laundry mat! see ya~