8/22/10

LA and Hollywood Towne!

I picked up my mom and my sister Haley on Monday afternoon at LAX airport. We had the best time this whole week! We did a lot of shopping, driving, talking and hanging out. We went to some awesome Modern stores and some cool Vintage and Thrift stores. We went to the Farmer's Market, Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica and Robertson's Blvd in LA. John moved home on Wednesday night so that was nice. On Thursday afternoon my mom helped me clean off our dirty patio and we did a little mini makeover! It was so nasty and unattractive before. I think it turned out well! Thanks mom! We ate at Woodranch BBQ That night. It was so yummy! It was so nice to just see my mom and sister and not have to work! Thanks for everything fam! I had a great time! (There is a lot of random pics from our week. I am too lazy to put them in order...)


Photobucket

This shot is to show you how dirty the floor was!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was a night shot from Little Venice. There is a canal in the middle of all these houses.

Photobucket

This store is called Room Service.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This store was Crate & Barrel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was at Jonathan Adler in LA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was just a random shot of some furniture placed outside.

Photobucket

Another random modern furnishings store in LA.

Photobucket

I took this shot because we thought it was so funny they gave us these tiny water cups.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This store was really cool. It was in Santa Monica. It was called The Tower.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We loved West Elm at the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was a funky modern store right by West Elm called Design Within Reach.

Photobucket

Isn't this HUGE lamp awesome?

Photobucket

This was a cute little cottage at Little Venice.

Photobucket

This was just a funny sign in the window.

Photobucket

This is the first store we went to and it was rad!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had to take a shot of this strange skirt for sale at a thrift store.

Photobucket

This is in El Pueblo near downtown LA.

Photobucket

This is a shot from inside the car of the Disney Concert Hall.

Photobucket

This was taken at The Farmer's Market in LA.

Photobucket

This was a shot of some delicious Malaysian food at the market.

Photobucket

Here is a shot of my thrift store finds!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Roy and Angie Smith said...

I love the way your patio turned out. I am trying to do something cute with mine, so far I have 2 chairs like yours but tan... you have inspired me to add pillows and plants. I will have to keep my eyes open for a great deal on something I like. Thanks!

Naomi said...

I love what you did with your patio too! Mine is so yucky right now, all we have out there is a grill and some camping chairs. :/ I love those colors; they're so bright and happy. Makes me want to do something with our patio...

The Castletons said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Jono and I just went to 3rd St Promenade in Santa Monica last Saturday! I loved it!

Emily said...

That looks like my kind of vacation! Don't you wish you had an endless bank account to spend furnishing and decorating your house? I love the patio makeover. I need to do that with ours. Right now it's just a bunny playground :)

Brenda said...

Thanks for all the fun photos. I'm glad you guys (gals) had such a great time. The patio looks great!

Cason and Marie said...

That looks so much fun!! You went to some amazing stores it looks like. love the pics!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Oh wow - you got a ton of good pics - I'll have to steal some. What a fun trip. I don't know if Utah looks at your blog or not, but if so, maybe it could get some good ideas on how to have not-lame stores.