10/31/10

Halloween Festivities!

We had a fun past couple of days doing Halloween things. First we went to the Pumpkin Patch and picked out some pumpkins. I really wanted a White Ghost Pumpkin this year, and I found one, but not the greatest one. I guess all the good ones were already gone... John picked his and the next day we carved them. I made homemade Chili for dinner and then we did our pumpkins. I decided to just look at an Owl picture and then free hand it on my White pumpkin with a Sharpie Black marker. I think it turned out really fun! John did a stencil carving of Linus from Charlie Brown. His turned out really well! Last night we went to our ward dinner/trunk or treat. We felt kinda strange being there... with out kids... so we bounced after dinner. Today we are at John's family's house to spend Halloween with them. Hope you all have a Happy Halloween! P.S. Today is the little stinker's 2nd birthday!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Emily said...

Those are amazing pumpkins. I like the idea of just drawing on the pumpkin - I hate the mess of carving.

Cason and Marie said...

So great! Glad you guys had a happy a halloween!!

Cara said...

Fun!!! Your pumpkins turned out soooo cute :) I don't know if I will ever carve a pumpkin again for a while after carving about 30 white ones last year for our wedding centerpieces!!!! Glad you guys had a great time, yummy chilli!!!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

That pumpkin patch looks sweet, and I think your white pumpkin turned out awesome. I love the owl. Chili is delicious. Have you ever had white chili? Deliciouser. I can't believe you've had Kidden for 2 years - that's nuts!

Britta said...

How funny, I painted an owl on my white pumpkin too haha!